Upon successful completion of this course, students will
- Understand the principle of BIPV and know all the relevant aspects of this topic
- Understand the principles of the photovoltaic effect and should be able to make basic calculations on it.
- Be aware of the influences on electrical performance, such as temperature and shading, and should be aware of how to maximize performance of the system.
- Be able to make a prediction of the energy yield of a PV system at a given location.
- Understand the effects of the position of the sun and solar irradiance on PV module performance.
- Have gained knowledge on the (secondary) functions of BIPV and how this relates to conventional construction material.
- Be able to understand the environmental benefits of BIPV and they should also realize where emissions occur over the life cycle.
- Understand the market drivers, such as aesthetics and awareness, and know how to stimulate these drivers.